I managed two of the three volcanoes .. Muhuabura evaded me as my knees were so painful from the downward slog of the other two I thought I would save it till another time. .. So if someone wants to persuade me to do more climbing .... I'm fed up of travelling alone!
![]() |
| It would be great to climb all of them .... |
Gahinga at 3,474m
Gahinga and Muhabura (4,127m) on the walk to the foot of Gahinga
On the way up Gahinga, Sabinyo behind. The other peaks were also visible but I was not able to get a clear photo. Visoke, Karisimbi, Mikeno
In the bamboo forests on the lower slopes. Lots of evidence of mountain gorillas, golden monkeys and elephant.
Ladders were set in the steeper bits but were very rickety
Just about to summit!
The beautiful swamp at the top!
| Muhubura tipping the sky |
| The swamp on top of Gahinga |
There are two forest elephants below me, not able to be seen in the photo as the bush was too thick!

Just getting around to checking this out now. Wow. Looks like an amazing region to visit, and you've got some super shots in there😊
ReplyDeleteAnywho, hugs from the 'ville,
Leonie